Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Eternal Perspective







This morning I am, once again, brought face to face with eternity.

My Uncle Paul is free from his broken body and in the presence of Jesus.   I found myself asking God and wondering... "What is like to, in a moment be in Your Presence?"  pondering, "What is it like to be eternal?"

My finite mind is so limited... I cannot truly grasp eternity, even though I know it is what is truly real...

II Corinthians 4:16-18 tells us...
Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
while we look not at the tings which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

My Uncle Paul now sees clearly.  His body no longer decaying.  We are left with looking through a glass dimly...
I wonder if he and my dad are talking...

Eternal Perspective

Oh, how this earthly mind of mine
Is so limited with its understanding.
The here and now loom large in my vision
and seem so real...
The tangible is what is so easy to see.
But as the words in II Corinthians say -
real, is not what we see.

Eternal perspective.
I can only see it a bit...
As if I'm looking through a glass dimly lit.

Dad.  Uncle Paul.  
You have now joined the eternal.
The ones who live on forever.
We are grateful you no longer
need to suffer
But our hearts are left with an ache
because of your absence.

We grapple with eternity in our finite, limited minds,
As we release you to the eternal world.
We choose to trust the 
omniscience of our Heavenly Father
who know all things.
He knows and sees all things clearly -
Past, present, future...
You have now joined that eternal perspective,
And, too, can see all things clearly.

Lord,
Give us another glimpse of the
perspective of eternity,
As we release another love one into Your Presence.
It's hard.  We struggle.  We rejoice.
It's so easy to 'see' the here and now.
Give us Elisha eyes that see beyond,
Catching a few more glimpse of what is really real ---
Eternity.

This world is not my home.
I'm just a-passing through...


Love and prayers to you as you walk this journey, 
Miriam
Drew & Yvonne
Ethan & Melissa

II Chronicles 14:11
"Lord, there is no one besides Thee to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us, O LORD our God, for we trust in Thee, and in Thy name have come against this..., O LORD,..."












No comments:

Post a Comment