Wednesday, February 7, 2024

In a Leap of Faith We Discover Our Wings

 








In the call of faith, that faith pleases God; there are times when this feels oh, so scary.  Because faith in the trenches requires something very different than the faith when the sun is shining.

This is a piece of my wrestling with faith in a really hard season.

Lord, 
I have heard the saying that when one takes the leap of faith,
One may fly.
(You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.)
But, Lord, is that always really so???
What if I fall??
(Underneath are the everlasting arms.  I will catch you.)
What if I crash???
(I am sent to heal the broken hearted.  To bind up the wounds.)

Lord.  You are there.  Here.  In every situation.
I am no where that You are not.
Nothing happens haphazardly.
You want to redeem any situation.
You want me to know You.
To know more of Your compassion and grace.

Because of that, if to know You more…
And to know more compassion and grace and love…
Is learned through pain
Then I lean towards You as You allow pain and suffering and loss to happen.
To bring redemption.  In my heart.
To reveal more of what me is really like,
(my heart is deceitful)
 so that Your Glory may be seen, purging and shining on.

When I learn to trust Your heart and to believe Your love.  Again and again.
When I choose to believe Your Greater Truth.  Again.
Then I fly.
Fly above the rejection, the loss, and the hard.
Soar beyond the pain.

I learn that You are my comforter.
That Your peace passes understanding.
That Your love surrounds me.

I learn that I will be okay.  Because the One who promises to carry us in His arms is faithful.

Thank you, Lord.  I adore You.
I can FLY!!  

Sometimes the only way to truly being alive - is to LEAP...

The One who delights in our faith is faithful.  Maybe, today, you need to take the leap of faith...
go ahead, for His arms are truly there to surround you and eventually, you will fly.
If you can't today, that's ok.  He won't let you alone, but will continue to woo you...  keep choosing to believe.  Keep holding on to His hand when you feel all of life is slipping...

Because of His love we can trust and believe Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment