Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Year. Another Beginning


A new year is about to dawn.  Another beginning.
Full of unknowns.  Full of possibilities.
Potential for fear.  Potential for excitement.
Choices...

This verse is ringing in my mind and it bears recognition...
Prov. 3:5&6
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding.
     In all thy ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM and He WILL direct thy paths.

With the new year about to dawn, I want to renew my commitment to acknowledge God for I know that is the 'peacefullest' (yeah, i know it's an invented word :)) way.  Because you see, when I acknowledge God I am not alone in my situation.  He is with me.  I have Someone to help carry the questions, the burdens, the joys and the sorrows.  He guides and directs, if I am willing to trust Him and to believe Him and His Greater Truth.
Last year I learned a bit more of trust.  trusting the heart of my Father, in all things.  Now this year I want to LISTEN.  to acknowledge Him and to listen for His words and voice.  To learn a bit more of His heart for myself and others.

        There's a song that goes with that verse...
In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.
He will lead you He will guide you He will take you by the hand.
He will lead you He will guide you He will help you understand.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths.

I am grateful.
Grateful for a God who takes me by the hand and who helps me understand a bit more of Him and even my circumstances, at times.  Grateful that He doesn't leave me alone to live out His ways, because His ways are impossible for me to truly live out, on my strength alone.
For how can I love the agape way...
How can I forgive when the pain is deep...
How can I rise victorously over the temptations that threaten me...
What will keep the victories from becoming an idol to my soul...

It is only as I recognize and acknowledge a Power higher than I.  As I lean on Him and acknowledge Him in all my ways, because then I am not an end to myself.  I am not the top-dog.
Isn't that what acknowledging is???
- recognizing someone else.
- realizing we're not the end product.
- it's seeing someone and saying 'what you say and who you are is important'

Mr. Webster says... to admit to be true; confess - to recognize the authority or claims of
the Hebrew is ... to know, to discern, to discover

He wants me to know Him.  He wants you to know Him.  To discover who He is in all our ways - good and bad.
But I must BELIEVE He loves me and has good in mind or I will turn away and not trust Him.

Have a Blessed day and year ahead as you walk with Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment