Sunday, March 29, 2015

Where Does Your Price Tag Hang?



You may think I will talk about money, not this time.

Life is valuable we say. We tell others.  We believe it for them. Until it comes to ourselves and then we feel worthless.

Why do we feel worthless??
For me, I realize it comes on the heels of a time when I don't feel accepted by another.  Or when my prayer to God goes unanswered for several years.  Or when I 'miss the mark', I mess up.  I realized this morning, that I have hung my worth or value on 'whether or not' according to what happens in a given situation.

Whether or not, my voice is heard.
Whether or not, my idea is taken.
Whether or not, I am noticed and enjoyed.
Whether or not, I get it right.
Whether or not...

We hang our price tag on whether I am accepted by others.
We hang it on whether God hears and answers our heart's cry.

Right now I am struggling not to hang mine on a prayer and heart's cry that seemingly has been unheard.  Bedwetting is a huge issue and struggle in this household.  I have pled, cried, and longed for healing.  But no...

On that basis I have struggled with God and want to say "You don't love me... You don't care" and it struck my heart how I am putting my value tag on whether God heals or not.

He LOVES NO MATTER WHAT!
We ARE VALUABLE NO MATTER WHAT!

In that moment my heart shifted and I paused for a moment to repent and let go.  I found as a result that I could actually hold out my longings to Him without the resentment.  Yes, it still hurt.  Yes, I longed and felt some sadness.  But I also felt peace.  I felt a rest, a release.


For ye are bought with a price:  I Corinthians 6:20a

For ye are of more value than the sparrows,  Matthew 10:31

We have these words from the mouth of Jesus, why are they so hard to believe???  Lord, help my unbelief.

In the same way what we do or don't do is NOT hinged on whether God loves us; so our worth is NOT hinged on whether God answers our desires the way we want or whether another person validates us, or I get it right!

There is nothing wrong with enjoying the feeling of acceptance or even the desire to be enjoyed.  Or having our desires recognized.  It gives us a sense of significance.  But it must not define us.  It does not define us.  Our true significance comes from Jesus and the love He has for us.  When we pin our value or identity on something tangible it will, at some point, change or be lost and then we become angry or disillusioned, etc.

When we pin our value tag on God's love, it doesn't change.  It's a solid foundation.  God has told us that He loves us with an everlasting love. That makes my heart smile.  Ahhhh... do you feel your heart relaxing??

Yes, it hurts when rejection strikes our heart.  Or someone else's idea is preferred above mine.  But you know what?  No one can destroy the love of God for me!!!  Only I can refuse to live into that.  Only I can refuse the gift, and then I will pin my value on something tangible and still be hurt.


Let that pound into your head and heart.  Say it over and over.  Ask the Lord for His Greater Truth to be absorbed and believed.

Take the value tag off of your heart's desire and pin it on the love Jesus has for you, and you just may find your heart shift a bit closer to God and may be able to hold on to your desires without the resentment of unmet longings.

My value is in Him and Him alone.  Your value is in Him and Him alone.
Ahhhh....

Inhale that truth.  Take it in.  Absorb His Truth.  Let it change your heart.


... thanks for 'stopping by' :)  May your day be touched by Him who loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment