Saturday, March 21, 2015

Desires of the Heart





Psalm 37:4 keeps popping up on my 'screen' and I have been mulling it over...
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Okay, here's the pondering - I've read this verse countless times and more than likely you have to.  It says if we delight, He will give.

So, I follow God and delight in Him, but the some of the desires of my heart remain ungiven.  There are some longings that I wonder about, they seem legit.  Then the battle comes, "Is God still good?  Can I still trust Him with my longings?"
I have a choice, become disillusioned and hold back from God, or I can still trust Him and come to Him with my whole heart.

But, could it be another way around???  Could it be that if I delight in the Lord, He will GIVE ME desires in my heart?  Will He place the desires there?

Instead of Him fulfilling my desires and giving me what I want, maybe it's more of Him giving (placing) me the desires in my heart.

Because I don't believe God is a God to be manipulated with.  If I do this, You do that...

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment